ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: he NFL and now hes an every-down lineba  (อ่าน 7 ครั้ง)

lebaobei123

• กระทู้: 194
    • ดูรายละเอียด
he NFL and now hes an every-down lineba
« เมื่อ: มกราคม 15, 2020, 08:27:08 AM »
TORONTO - Ricky Foleys shock and dismay have been replaced by the excitement of returning home.The veteran defensive end spoke Monday for the first time since the Saskatchewan Roughriders dealt him to the Toronto Argonauts for Canadian linebacker Shea Emry on Saturday. The move was a surprise considering Foley re-signed with the club in December rather than test free agency after tying his career high with 12 sacks in 2014.It came out of left field . . . thats why I waited to really address anybody media-wise, Foley said from Vancouver during a conference call. It was the right decision to go to Saskatchewan, it was the right decision to sign there this off-season.It (the trade) was tough but now Im starting to get the goose bumps, emotions and excitement of going about going back home to Toronto and play with the Argos again.But not after issuing a thoughtful, heart-felt farewell to Rider Nation on his Twitter account.They embraced me especially, Foley said of the Riders rabid fans. Its hard to say I only had two years there, it kind of feels like I spent my whole career there and Im leaving after 10 years.Its special out there and Im looking at it as a blessing. I was really appreciative, I said it in the letter and meant it.The six-foot-two, 258-pound Foley first joined the Argos as a free agent in 2010 after starting his CFL career in 06 with the B.C. Lions. It was a homecoming for Foley, a native of Courtice, Ont. — roughly 60 kilometres east of Toronto — who played college football at York University.Foley, 32, spent three seasons with the Argos, finishing his first go-around with a bang. He was named the top Canadian in Torontos 34-22 victory over Calgary in the 100th Grey Cup game at Rogers Centre in November 2012.But there were times of frustration, too, struggling to adjust to former defensive co-ordinator Chris Joness schemes. A tenacious pass-rusher, Foley was often required to drop back into pass coverage like a linebacker.Foley, the CFLs top Canadian in 09 after posting 12 sacks with B.C., became a free agent shortly afterwards and instead of remaining in Toronto he signed with Saskatchewan. After recording eight sacks in the Riders Grey Cup-winning 13 campaign, Foley was a key cog in a unit that tracked down rival quarterbacks a league-leading 61 times last year.But with end John Chick (CFL-high 15 sacks) and tackle Tearrius George (12 sacks) — who also re-signed with the club this off-season —in the mix, GM Brendan Taman used his position of strength to shore up Saskatchewans linebacking corps with Emry, an eight-year veteran and two-time Grey Cup champion.The six-foot-one, 228-pound Emry had a team-high 72 tackles in his first season with Toronto. Sophomore American Brian Peters — a pending free agent — led Saskatchewan with 77 tackles but Emry, 28, of Richmond, B.C., allows the Riders to play an International starter elsewhere.The arrival last season of Cory Greenwood of Kingston, Ont., and presence of James Yurichuk of Brampton, Ont., and Winnipegs Thomas Miles allowed Toronto GM Jim Barker to deal Emry and upgrade a pass rush that had 46 sacks last yearShea came in and did a great job for us, Barker said. We were looking at playing two Canadian inside linebackers potentially and this presented itself.Its never easy to trade a popular player and a guy our coaching staff and myself really like but sometimes you have to put that stuff aside.Foley gives Toronto another dominant pass rusher to complement Tristan Okpalaugo (team-high 12 sacks as a rookie). Thats a need considering defensive back Jalil Carter — now with the NFLs Minnesota Vikings — was second on the unit with five sacks.Ricky fits what (defensive co-ordinator) Tim Burke wants to do, Barker said. Hes a straight-edge pass rusher who plays with high energy and is a total Toronto guy.Tristan had a great first year and hopefully the addition of Ricky will help him. Ricky has been on (three) championship teams . . . and having as many of those guys who know how to win on your club certainly helps.Barker wasnt surprised by Foleys return.When he left I actually told him at one point, Theres going to come a day when you come back to us, Barker said. Hes a pro and were excited to have him back.Foley was impressed with what he saw last year from Okpalaugo.He put up good numbers as far as sacks go but you could see him getting better as an all-around defensive end, Foley said. Thats something I take pride in.The glory stat is sacks but every year I try to make sure I lead the league in tackles by a defensive lineman because I think thats an effort thing that shows an all-round game.NOTES: The Argos named Jonathan Himebauch their offensive line coach and assistant head coach. He spent last year as Edmontons offensive line coach and has previous coaching experience with Montreal and Calgary. Vlade Divac Jersey .85 million contract with the two-time Gold Glove outfielder. Parra earned his second Gold Glove last season when he set a club record with 17 outfield assists. Custom Sacramento Kings Jerseys . The photograph shows Parker and a French comedian making a gesture known in France as a "quenelle," which critics describe as inverted Nazi salute. Parker said in a statement released through the Spurs that the photograph was taken three years ago. Parker, who was born in Belgium but raised in France, said he didnt know at the time that "it could be in any way offensive or harmful. https://www.cheapkingsbasketball.com/172b-bob-davies-jersey-kings.html. With Van Osch out with a flu bug that has been rampaging through the tournament, Knezevic stepped in to lead B.C. (4-3) to a pair of victories on Tuesday before 1,131 at the Maurice Richard Arena. Larry Drew Jersey .com) - Jeff Teague finished with a game-high 26 points and eight assists as the Atlanta Hawks held off the Utah Jazz, 98-92, on Friday. DeMarcus Cousins Jersey . There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal.DENVER - Instead of revving their high-octane offence like they did a year ago, Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos pumped the brakes heading into these playoffs.Theyre no longer the air-it-out team that piled up 606 points last season. Now, theyre built as much on a dominant, star-studded defence and good ground game as they are on Mannings mind and passing prowess.While taking on a new identity, the Broncos still managed to tie for the leagues best record for the third consecutive season under Manning. And their 30.1-point scoring average trailed only Green Bays 30.4.Still, Mannings stretch run — three touchdowns, six interceptions in December — is cause for concern among many an uneasy Broncos fan.C.J. Anderson, the first undrafted running back to score seven touchdowns in a month since Priest Holmes a decade ago, laughs at the notion.He offered this observation as the Broncos (12-4) got some much-needed R&R with a first-round bye:Ill just ask the fans this: Do you want Peyton to throw 70 million touchdowns and break 80 million records or do you all want a parade downtown?Andersons emergence since midseason has given the Broncos the kind of balance they had back in the late 1990s when John Elway had Terrell Davis to take share the load and help hoist two championship trophies.Anderson began the season buried on the depth chart, and only got his chance because of injuries to Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman. He quickly proved as adept at picking up the blitz as the first down, a prerequisite to joining Manning in the Broncos backfield.He finished with 1,173 yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs despite not starting until Week 11.C.J.s picked up this offence quickly, Manning said. He studied during the time that he wasnt playing, which has paid off for him.And the Broncos.I feel good that our run game has developed, that weve got a couple guys we really trust back there, and the fact that we are a little more balanced, said offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase. To have that effective balance going into (the playoffs) is going to be key for us.Even with the Broncos downshifting their offence, Demaryius Thomas posted a club-record 1,619 yards receiving. He became the seventh wide receiver in NFL history to post 10 100-yard games in a season.Emmanuel Sanders set career highs with 101 catches for 1,404 yards and nine touchdowns after four seasons in Pittsburgh where he never came close to those kinds of numbers.Sanders, who famously called Denver widee receiver heaven when he arrived as part of Elways splashy free agency class last spring, said this was the kind of year he envisioned.ddddddddddddI remember last year I was sitting around getting ready to be a free agent, and I said that I feel like me and Antonio Brown have the same type of game. I just need somebody to give me an opportunity, Sanders said. What I meant was the yards hes putting up, the balls that hes catching, I can do those things.A year ago, the Broncos suffered through an injury epidemic. And four players who had to watch the Super Bowl from the sideline have led Denvers defensive resurgence: pass rusher Von Miller (14 sacks), cornerback Chris Harris Jr. (zero touchdowns), safety Rahim Moore and lineman Derek Wolfe.They combined with newcomers T.J. Ward, Aqib Talib and DeMarcus Ware to post the leagues third-rated defence that was second against the run.But the fulcrum of co-ordinator Jack Del Rios unit was a major surprise: linebacker Brandon Marshall, who led the team with 110 tackles despite missing the last two games with a sprained foot.Marshall, cut several times by the Jaguars before ending up as a practice squad player in Denver last year, is both a tale of perseverance and overnight success. He couldnt even carve out a job for himself on one of the worst teams in the NFL and now hes an every-down linebacker and arguably the defensive MVP on one of the leagues best teams.Hes had a Pro Bowl kind of year, Del Rio said.Marshall wasnt among the Broncos league-high nine Pro Bowl selections, however.Another snub was nose tackle Terrance Knighton, who has guaranteed a return trip to the Super Bowl even if that means having to beat the Patriots on the road for the first time since 2006.Teams that win right now and end up winning Super Bowls are teams that can play good defence and have offences that can run the ball, Knighton reasoned. Right now, were fulfilling that blueprint.Given that, youd think Knighton had a little voice telling him last years joyride would end in bitter disappointment, as it did.No, no, because we were on the same high horse that everybody else was on. We didnt feel like our offence could be stopped, Knighton said, and we felt like as a defence we only had to do enough to win.This time theres no riding Supermans cape.No, it didnt work, said Knighton, whos confident the refurbished Broncos can get it done this way.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '